- The purpose of the signature assignment is for students to apply the research and EBP concepts they have learned in this course and develop a framework for the initial steps of the student’s capstone project. The assignment allows the student to initiate the steps for planning, researching and developing an evidence-based practice intervention project proposal. On or before Day 7, of week eight each student will submit his or her final proposal paper to the week eight assignment link in D2L. This formal paper will include and expand upon work completed thus far in prior assignments. Essential Components of the Final Project Proposal will include: This formal paper will include and expand upon work completed thus far in prior assignments. Be sure to use the headings as listed below. Essential Components of the Final Project Proposal will include:
- Introduction– Provide an introduction to your topic or project. The introduction gives the reader an accurate, concrete understanding what the project will cover and what can be gained from implementation of this project.
- Overview of the Problem – Discuss the problem, why the problem is worth exploring and the potential contribution of the proposed project to the discipline of nursing.
- Project Purpose Statement – Provide a declarative sentence or two which summarizes the specific topic and goals of the project.
- Background and Significance – State the importance of the problem and emphasize what is innovative about your proposed project. Discuss the potential impact of your project on your anticipated results to the betterment of health and/or health outcomes.
- PICOt formatted Clinical Project Question(s)– Provide the Population, Intervention, Comparison, Expected Outcomes and Timeframe for the proposed project.
- Literature Review – Provide the search engines used and the key terms used to guide a search for evidence and discuss at least five (5) summaries (this can be the copy and paste lit reviews you did in the last paper) of relevant, credible, recent, evidence-based research studies to support the project proposal.
- Critical Appraisal of Literature – Discuss the strengths and weaknesses of the evidence, what is known from the evidence and what gaps in evidence were found from the appraisal of evidence-based research studies.
- Add this information at the conclusion of each of the articles you discussed above
- Develop an EBP Standard – Describe two to three interventions (or a bundle of care) from the evidence and discuss how individual patient preferences or the preferences of others will be considered.
- Implications – Summarize the potential contributions of the proposed project for nursing research, education and practice.
- Length: A minimum of 8 pages and a maximum of 10 pages (excluding the title and reference pages)
- Format: Formal scholarly paper in APA 7th ed format
- Reference Citations: A minimum of five, recent (past five years), peer-reviewed scholarly references cited in APA 7th ed format.
- File name: Save the file with Student First Name_Last Name_SigAssignment
- See USU NUR Research Paper Rubric for additional details and Proposal
- Revised PICOT Question: On a medical-surgical hospital unit (P), how does implementing hourly nursing rounding (I), compare to no scheduled rounding (c), affect patient safety(o), within 6 months of implementation (T)?
- Attached sample paper with track changes and yellow highlights is to show you the strength /weakness discussion. one thing to remember is that even though an article is level I to III, the weakness may limit the validity of the study to be used in changing practice.
- FYI please use the first attachment below as sample paper and the guidelines them the other 3 papers need to be expanded and incorporated in. On this last paper you are discussing the interventions you would do.