In this Practicum Journal Assignment, you will explore the legalities associated with prescribing controlled substances, as well as what a DEA number is, how to obtain one, and, most importantly, how to prescribe controlled substances in your state.
- Analyze roles of the Drug Enforcement Administration
- Analyze PMHNP responsibilities when issued a DEA number
- Analyze DEA number application procedures
- Analyze state requirements for safe prescribing and prescription monitoring
- Analyze PMHNP responsibilities for safe prescribing and prescription monitoring
- Analyze Schedule II-V drug levels
Assignment: Week 2 Practicum Journal: Safe Prescribing (Due in Week 4) (3)
In 2-3 pages:
- Describe the role of the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) as it pertains to the PMHNP.
- Explain your responsibilities when having a DEA number.
- Explain how you apply for a DEA number.
- Explain your state’s requirements for a safe prescribing and
- prescription monitoring program. Explain your responsibility as a PMHNP to follow these requirements.
- Provide an example of a drug you may prescribe from each of the Schedule II-V drug levels.
- Note: Support your rationale with a minimum of three academic resources less than five years In APA Format, including introduction and conclusion.